Sunday morning we decided to go to lunch at the Blue Rose Cafe. Back in the day Hanson used to sing outside near the dumpster because they were too young to get inside and play the bar.  It is no longer at the same location, but it is on the River so we figured we’d check it out.  They also were offering ‘The Hanson” a three cheese grilled cheese sandwich.  Although when 4 of the 6 of us ordered it, we were told the special was only Saturday!  Later we talked to the owner (I think?) and he said that they should have made it for us and also mentioned he was friends with Hanson’s parents and told us about them singing outside when they were tiny.


The next stop was Hanson’s child hood home because a couple of the people in our group had not been by.  Turns out, it is for sale… by owner.  I wonder if enough fans pool their money we can buy it and make a Hanson museum haha  Then we headed to the Golden Driller statue and then it was time for me to catch my shuttle to the airport.


I got a bit delayed at the security check in Tulsa.  I had to do the “invasive” full body scan.  Honestly, I am not sure what some people are so up in arms about – I didn’t see what my scan looked like but you stand in a box and then the scanner zooms around you.  (Plus anyone I walk by knows that I am short & chubby!) Something was flagged with my face on the scan so I had to have the back of my head patted down.  I don’t know if it is because I have a mouth full of metal (braces) or what… but it was only an extra couple of seconds and the Tulsa airport is super tiny so it wasn’t a big deal.

Somehow, every flight I take is at the last possible terminal.  This flight was no different.  We had mechanical problems and ended up being delayed for about 20 minutes – so of course we landed late.  In Minneapolis, my gates couldn’t have been further apart if they tried! I took a shuttle supposedly to concourse G but either I went the wrong way or the shuttle was not the most convenient way to travel. I also swear for a second I was behind Ryan from Ocean Grove. He was going way too fast for me to stop him to find out for sure / say hi if it was him and by the time I got to my gate the plane was half boarded! (Usually I pre-board)  I got on twitter and Ryan did tweet about going back to LA… so it is very possible it was him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By :