I wasn’t sure how I felt about an electronic Bathroom Reader – so I opted to read it safely away from water in the comfort of my desk chair. Most of the facts are short and fit on to one page with facts from the same topic. A few of the topics go over a couple of pages – but are quick and easy to read depending on how long you may be in the bathroom with your bathroom reader. (Not that you really need to be in the bathroom to read it, but you know.) The book is over 400 pages, but it does include an index. (Although 393 pages worth of facts is quite substantial)
Facts range from all sorts of topics covering anything and everything. You’ll be amazed at what you’ll learn and will be the king of any trivia contests including these factoids for sure. Who to blame for hating Mondays (the inventor of the alarm clock), 5 firsts that happened in Connecticut (yeah CT!), that Tilikum the killer whale from Sea World has killed 3 times, that spiders can in fact get stuck in their own webs… and tons and tons more!
I received a free e-copy of this book in order to write this review. I was not otherwise compensated.
About the Book
Packed with more than 400 pages, Uncle John’s Bathroom Reader Attack of the Factiods is a fact-a-palooza of obscure information. Like what, you ask? Here are just a few extraordinary examples:
* Bats always turn left when they exit a cave.
* In the 1960s, astronauts trained for moon voyages by walking on Hawaiian lava fields.
* Lloyd’s of London insured Bruce Springsteen’s voice for 3.5 million English pounds.
* Physician Amynthas of Alexandria, Greece, performed the first known nose job in the Third Century B.C.
* Military toilet paper is printed in a camouflage design, since white could attract enemy fire.
* Elvis Presley always wore a helmet when watching football on TV.
* King Henry VIII’s ladies at court had a ration of one gallon of beer per day.
* It takes the energy from 50 leaves on an apple tree to produce one ripe fruit.
* The only country to host the Summer Olympics but not win a sinlge gold medal was Canada, in 1976.
And that’s just the beginning! So what are you waiting for? Attack!