Your Dream Job compares looking for a job to looking for a date. The hiring managers are super models and if you know what you’re doing you just might be able to land that date, I mean job, with them!
The downside to this book was there are too many references to movies and TV shows that I have never seen so they went right over my head.
I enjoyed the funny mistakes that job hunters made – and learned from them as well. (Although some of them seemed to be quite obvious things not to do..)
There’s a lot of great tips for what to do and not to do on your resume, when applying and once you land an interview. Definitely a lot of things to keep in mind as I try to find my dream job!
I received a free e-copy of this book in order to write this review. I was not otherwise compensated.
About the Book
In this provocative book, career expert Dom Bokich explores the similarities between the job search and dating.
Both involve looking online for your perfect match or being set up by your friends. After that you’ll need a great icebreaker to score an interview. When you meet face-to-face, you’ll dress up, tell your best stories, and ask good questions.
Your Dream Job takes you step-by-step through the hiring process and shares insider secrets on how to find a job you love!
– How to become irresistible to your dream employer
– 3 ways to get noticed fast using social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
– How to write a knockout resume and cover letter
– How hiring managers act like supermodels
– Current interview methods including behavioral and values based interviewing
– 25 inspiring Success Stories of job seekers, 11 of which are new grads
– 50 Funny Mistakes applicants have made, so you won’t embarrass yourself
This book is like having coffee with the author. He’ll give you friendly and straightforward advice that works.
Your Dream Job is encouraging and entertaining, with proven techniques for everyone. Be inspired, have more confidence, and score your dream job today!