Mai Tai For Two is a Harlequin Red Hot Read from Cosmo – which if you’ve been around the blog for a while, you know are my favorites to read. These books are short so they get to the point quickly and are always a good read. In Mai Tai For Two – Julie and her “work husband” have won an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii. How convenient. Julie and Alan both have feelings for each other, but haven’t really acted on it (although they did kiss at a Christmas party.) The two end up hooking up and trying to keep things a secret – but considering Julie’s bestie is also on the trip, she has an idea that something is going on between them. The hook up seems really awkward especially considering these two are supposedly pretty good friends.
While I typically love these books, this one was a bit of a miss. I just couldn’t get in to the characters. Not as big of a flop as some of the other romance novels I had read, but not my favorite of the red hot reads by any means. But if you are looking for something quick to read and don’t care about relationship details being hashed out in the story – then you’ll probably have no problem with this book.
I received a free e-copy of this book in order to write this review. I was not otherwise compensated.
About the Book
Julie’s Hawaiian Vacay Itinerary!
You and your “work husband” have just won an all-expenses-paid vacation in Oahu. Now the fun begins…
1. Get lei’d. (With flowers, obvi.)
2. Settle into your gorgeous ocean-side cabin. Contemplate living in Hawaii forever.
3. Become overwhelmed with hideous unexplained jealousy when your bestie decides to make sexy moves on your work husband, Alan.
4. Dismiss jealousy. After all, you’re not interested in Alan “that” way…are you?
5. Avoid joyous dancing when bestie’s ex arrives and sweeps her off her feet—leaving Alan completely and totally available.
6. Now you’re alone with Alan. Alone. In paradise. Take a deep breath, have a mai tai—or two—and (gulp!) make your move. Be classy.
7. “Accidentally” let Alan peek under your grass skirt.
8. Take off grass skirt.
9. Do Incredibly Naughty and Sexy Things everywhere.
10. And do not think about what happens when you and your work husband go back to reality….