Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
Sentimental Journey is the latest release from singer and actor Emmy Rossum. You may be familiar with Emmy if you watch Shameless – she plays Fiona. The album will be coming out on January 29th and is a collection of classic American songs from some of the most beloved artists of the last century. The album includes 12 tracks – with each song representing a month in the year. (If you look through the track listing – you can kind of see how each one matches up to a month – These Foolish things for April, Autumn Leaves for October, etc) “Each song needed to either lyrically or emotionally reflect the corresponding month,” Emmy explained. “Some songs were obvious fits, like Summer Wind for June, and Pretty Paper for December. Other songs were less literal fits. I chose Nobody Knows You (When You’re Down and Out) for September because, to me, the plaintive melody and lyric emotionally reflect the cold weather creeping in and the sense of melancholy we can get in the fall months.” This approach is definitely unique and not one I’ve ever seen before, but it works!
I have to say that while this style of music is not really my “go to” music, I enjoyed this album. Emmy is one of my favorite actresses and she is a talented singer as well. The CD is very appropriately titled because it does take you on a Sentimental Journey through the year. I think that my favorite song on the album is Four Leaf Clover as well as the track 13 bonus track – I won’t give too much away about that so that you can be as surprised as I was when it goes on to one bonus track past the 12 that we knew about 😉
In addition to Shameless – you can catch Emmy in Beautiful Creatures which hits theaters on February 13th. Emmy will be performing a track from Sentimental Journey on Access Hollywood Live on January 25th, on Conan January 28th, Chelsea Lately January 29th and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th so be sure to set those DVRs!
I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.