1. 1979 “Shakedown 1979, Cool kids never have the time. On a live wire right up off the street, You and I should meet”.
Where were you in 1979?
I wasn’t born.
2. BELIEVE “And if they steal your life, your heart is still mine. Your song, you sing, a truth, there’s no other. I want to believe in you dear.”
What song do you love to sing along with?
Any fun songs I will sing along with! Especially if I am in the car alone.
3. BULLIT WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS “Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage. Someone will say what is lost can never be saved. Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage”.
When was the last time you felt like a rat in a cage?
Maybe as a teen? I don’t know.
4. CHRISTMASTIME “I remember dreaming, Wishing, Hoping, Praying for this day. Now I sit and watch them, the little ones I love”.
What day are you dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying for?
The day I get a job? or maybe at least an interview?
5. DISARM “I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes. And what I choose is my voice. What’s a boy supposed to do?”
What did you bring to SHOW n TELL as a child to school?
I remember we found a butterfly in the backyard once. It was dead so we put it in a tupperware and my neighbor and I showed it at our show and tell. By the time I got it for my class it smelled really bad. I think I was in 2nd or 3rd grade?
6. THIRTY THREE “Supper’s waiting on the table. Tomorrow’s just an excuse away. So I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own. The Earth laughs beneath my heavy feet.”
When and where do you generally eat supper?
At the dining room table with the family anywhere between 5 and 7pm…
7. TODAY “To cleanse these regrets, my angel wings were bruised and restrained. My belly stings.
When was the last time your belly “stung”?
8. TONIGHT TONIGHT “Time is never time at all, you can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of youth. And our lives are forever changed. We will never be the same. The more you change the less you feel.”
Despite the number, what age do you think you really are?
12 or 13.
9. APPELS AND ORANJES “What if the sun refused to shine? What if the clouds refused to rain? What if the wind refused to blow? What if the seas refused to wave? What if the world refused it’s turn?”
Do you believe the 2012 catastrophe will happen? If so, how are you preparing for it?
Not preparing for it at all because I don’t believe it – but if it does happen then oh well, I don’t think there is much I can do to stop it.
10. CHERRY “Stay with me, I’ll set you free. ‘Cause I can tell you once were pretty. Rose, so sad you’ve lost your petals. Lost the luster off your tattle tales.”
What celebrity has not aged well?
I feel like there must be someone who when I saw them recently I said “Man! he/she got OLD!” But I can’t think of anyone at the moment.
11. CRESTFALLEN “Who am I to you? Along the way, I lost my faith. And as you were, you’ll be again. To mold like clay, to break like dirt. To tear me up in your sympathy.”
What was the last thing you made out of dirt or clay?
No idea. I used to make stuff out of clay in middle school…
12. EYE “Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Turn to the gates of heaven, to myself be damned. Turn away from eye, it’s not enough, just a touch.”
How do you find peace?
Usually scrapbooking is my calm, happy place. Not so much recently but I am trying to get back to that now that I have my scrapbook area somewhat organized!
13. MA BELLE “You must hold your truce alone. To make love happen, the moon must send you home. There’s no place that I’d rather be”.
When was the last time you walked in the moonlight?